Friday, September 26, 2008

1st time blogger


I have been reading some different blogs lately and thought maybe it would be kind of fun to start one up. I have always been hesitant, because I really don't feel like I have a lot of interesting things to say! (And I know Jarred will roll his eyes at me when I tell him I started a blog) But I am always sending out pictures of Ethan...and now will be sending out pictures of baby boy #2. So I thought this would be a good way to keep everyone updated on what we are up to and pictures of the boys...without bombarding your emails! So please save the address to this blog and check back often, especially in these next few months.

I'll start off by posting the cool ultrasound pictures we had done a few weeks ago of the baby. And the above picture of Ethan from the Twins game we went to this summer. He had a pretty eventful summer!

Jen, his daycare provider had a baby in July...so we had 8 weeks with no daycare. He was lucky enough to have family members and friends help take care of him, so he had some trips to the pool, campground & zoo. I also got to take a week of vacation to spend with him. The last few weeks of the summer we were referred to a great temporary home daycare, Ethan had a lot of fun there. He even managed to get his 2nd black eye, he was just horsing around with another little boy.

Our trip of the summer was an extended weekend to Okoboji with friends Jamie, Sara & Aubrey. We stayed at a beautiful place with an indoor waterpark. Ethan loved it. We are hoping to go back later this winter!

We are all getting excited and anxious for the baby to come! As of today I am at 36 weeks. Ethan asks a lot of questions...and seems excited right now, we'll see what happens when the baby actually gets here! :)

For now Ethan is in 7th heaven because Jarred started in the field. He got to ride in the tractor and combine lastnight, and was not happy when he had to come home! It will definitely help me out a lot this fall if he wants to ride with daddy a lot.

This weekend Ethan and I are off to Fairmont to go to Grandpa & Grandma Poppe's. Sounds like tomorrow will be a pretty nice day and we will probably spend the afternoon at Center Creek Orchard. I love fall!!!

Have a great weekend, and make sure to bookmark this page so you can check back!

No comments: